Thursday, August 30, 2012

"Brand New Car" Baby Shower

My cousin and his wife are having a baby! I knew when I got involved in planning the baby shower that it had to have a car theme! Baby W's room has a car theme, his daddy is a mechanic, and last but not least, they're last name is Karrer (pronounced: car)!

 Last night was the big party, to welcome a "Brand New Karrer" into the family. Everything went well and Baby W danced in his Mommy's belly over all the excitement. I took lots of pictures, so enjoy!

IMG_1404
The dessert table set up was my main priority. We had jars with candy, and lots of other sweets! The car fabric tablecloth is a great Alexander Henry print from one of my favorite etsy sellers. It really added a lot to the orange, blue, and yellow accent colors.
IMG_1426
I envisioned little milk and water bottles to go with the orange and blue paper party straws, and it turned out really cute. Luckily I had the blue tub from my nephew's 4th birthday party. The "W" letter came from Hobby Lobby and the Goku car was from ebay.

IMG_1408
These candy jars were also from my nephew's 4th birthday, but the Chevron candy bags (and straws) were a sweet find from etsy.

IMG_1418
 I made cake pops and candy coated pretzels, which are always winners at parties.

 IMG_1416

 The wonderfully cute cake was created by Melissa from Louisvillicious Cakes and Desserts, LLC.

IMG_1410

IMG_1411

IMG_1419

IMG_1402
It's dark in the photo, but the tissue paper puffs made it to the party!

I had a photo session with my cousin and his wife a week before the baby shower, so I was able to string some photos and display them around as decorations. I also framed some of my favorites for them to keep.
IMG_1403

Isn't the mom-to-be just adorable?!
IMG_1454

2 comments:

~julee~ said...

It all came together so cute, Liz! I love how you individually wrapped the cake pops. Good idea!

Best wishes for the parents to be!

Craft E Magee said...

Thanks! :)